|
710 ROUTE 25 |
Prince Edward Island Tourism Region : Green Gables Shore
Description From Owner:
- 11 mi N of Charlottetown in Lot 34. Probably named because it is at the head of a cove of a bay, which was subsequently called Covehead Bay. P.O. 1851 - 1883.
- The Mi'kmaq called the bay Nologonetjg, 'armpit.' In 1752 it was called Petit Racicot; in 1765 Samuel Holland called it Stanhope Cove and by 1774 it was called Stanhope-Cove-Bay or Little Rustico.
- With permission from 'Prince Edward Island Place Names' David E. Scott 2011
Address of this page: http://pei.ruralroutes.com/Covehead
Quick Search
